As with all shopping websites, we collect personal information from you when you shop online at any of the Pantherella International Group Ltd. websites, including Pantherella.com, Pantherella.us, Pantherella.eu, Scott-Nichol.com, HJ.co.uk, and Softopsocks.co.uk.
We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We need it to process your order, and to inform you of any delays or problems.
The information we collect is:
- Your name – so we know what to call you if and when we contact you.
- Email address – so we can email your order confirmations, delivery delays, etc. You can unsubscribe at any time. Please allow 10 days for your request to be updated across all our systems.
You can also subscribe to our separate VIP marketing list, and you will then receive occasional emails from us with the latest offers, sales, and new product launches (usually no more than a maximum of two emails a month). You can unsubscribe at any time, and we DO NOT give this information to third parties.
- Delivery address - so we know where to send you any goods
- Telephone number - To contact you to discuss your order. We'll only call if we have a delivery problem, or to talk to you about your order. We will not call you for any other reason other than to help you with your orders, returns, or queries.
- IP Address - The IP address of the computer from where the order is placed is captured in order to prevent fraud, and to make the completion of the order form easier by populating the country you are located automatically.
- Payment Card Details - We only ask for these when you place your order, and we don't store any of your card details on the server. They are all processed and held securely by our payment partner, Stripe (https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe). Just to confirm, we never see or store your credit card details on the website or on our servers.
Our sites are all secured using the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standards.
We use encryption to safeguard your credit card information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most common web browsers support this security.
This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce, and our security certificate can be checked at any time here.
Pantherella is a registered data controller under the Data Protection Act. We will never pass on your details to third parties for marketing purposes unless you explicitly agreed to it.
There are only two circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
- With agents (including credit card reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies (Stripe), fraud prevention and detection agencies, delivery companies and data processing analysts) that we use to process the orders you place with us, or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to, or purchased by another company (our data records are part of our business).
To see all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
Pantherella International Group Ltd
If you sign up to our VIP subscriber lists, Pantherella will send you occasional special offers and promotions by email (usually a maximum of two emails a month). If you do not wish to receive any further email messages from us, (and we quite understand if you don't, but remember that if you unsubscribe we will not be able to send you Sale details before anyone else) please UNSUBSCRIBE HERE.
You can also unsubscribe via the link on every marketing email we send out.
What are Cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
THE COOKIES WE SET
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence. In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
In some cases we may provide you with custom content based on what you tell us about yourself either directly or indirectly by linking a social media account. These types of cookies simply allow us to provide you with content that we feel may be of interest to you. We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
We use a third-party service provider to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Web site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other Web sites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major web sites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user. You can also read more about online marketing practices and the technologies that support them by visiting the Your Online Choices website.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.